Website Country Manager - Malaysia
Multinational Logistics Company
One of our Clients in Logistics is looking for a dynamic businessperson with great leadership skills and business acumen to lead its business in Malaysia. An inspirational leader who knows how to motivate your team while driving growth and profitability.
- To oversee and direct all operational aspects of the business including operations, customer service, human resources, administration, and sales within Malaysia.
- To assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities for both freights forwarding as well as warehousing.
- To develop forecasts, financial objectives, and business plans for the branches and Jebel in cooperation with the management team.
- To manage the budget and allocate funds appropriately in a manner that preserves a healthy cash flow position.
- To meet goals and metrics set by head office.
- To motivate the team and lead a healthy work environment where all employees cooperate and work closely towards common goals.
- To locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet the challenges of the client and leverage growth opportunities.
- To work closely with other client’s offices around the world in a cooperative manner that benefits the overall Client’s business.
- To address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly.
- To visit major clients regularly and remain in touch ensuring that the relationship is between organizations rather than individuals.
- To improve the presence and reputation of the company with potential partners and clients through networking.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration. MBA is a plus.
- At least 12 years of experience in working in business with at least 5 years in a managerial role.
- Prior Sales experience within the Freight Forwarding and Logistics field is a plus.
- Strong networking capabilities to build healthy relationships with key partners and clients and grow the business.
- Ability to read financial documents.
- Great interpersonal skills and presentation skills (presenting financial reports and business plans)
- Ability to lead the team and mentor junior employees.
Ability to multitask and work under pressure meeting deadlines and managing crisis calmly using creative problem-solving capabilities