Business Development Executive (Freight Forwarding) – Saudi Arabia(Jeddah)
- Present and sell Company services to current and potential new business clients and proactively generate sales to meet assigned targets.
- Understand customer’s business needs, shipment patterns, cargo particulars, frequency of shipments, volumes, trade lanes, etc.
- Regularly follow up with customers for more business as per customer potential and explore leads from other divisions.
- Respond to incoming queries and ensure the resolution of service.
Calculate and submit freight quotations/proposals by involving the Sales Support team, following up on quotes, and securing booking. If the business is lost, revert with reasons.
- Coordinate with the client during the bridging period before signing the contract to initiate the relationship. Brief the internal team before the process of operationalization begins.
- Submit daily Sales Report to Sales Manager outlining customer information, nature and scope of business, potential volumes, mode of shipment, etc.
- Attend weekly Sales meetings to discuss progress on leads, new business meetings attended, business concluded during the week, business lost and justification, share market information, and trade analysis.
- Discuss the overall performance of the new business plan periodically with the sales manager, analyze reasons for variance from the plan, if any, and identify corrective actions that need to be taken to achieve the target.
- Attend trade exhibitions and promote the Company’s presence by distributing promotional material, brochures, business cards, etc.
- Job planning, interdepartmental collaboration, and coordination to ensure high delivery.
- On booking confirmation, completion of credit documentation as per terms agreed and forward to Credit Department for approval through the Sales Manager.
- Ensure smooth workflow and handover of job files to the Sales Support team.
- Follow up on payments and assist the credit control team in collecting dues and outstanding amounts from clients as per agreed credit terms. If issues arise, escalate them to the sales manager and finance to resolve them.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal and external customers to achieve high customer satisfaction and retention, increasing sales revenue.
- Work closely with Sales and Operation teams to ensure smooth and complete execution and contribute to quality improvement for all assigned accounts.
- Maintain database to ascertain progress on business, customers secured, customers under review, those moving competition, and customers who could be roped in.
- Enter all new customer data and other sales data for clients into proprietary CRM and maintain this information as per company policy.
- Monitor and report on market and competitors’ activities and provide relevant reports.
- Keep customers abreast of market trends, updates on services, etc.