Aerospace Head - Logistics
One of the largest Freight Forwarding companies in India.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Responsible for the execution of maintenance activities of the client.
- Work with the Key Account Management team to provide support and knowledge of MRO capabilities to gain customer acceptance and loyalty to the MRO business.
- Oversees the processing of all RFQs and RFPs and facilitates and ensures timely response to internal and external customers in alignment with financial and compliance requirements.
- Oversees the process of completing customer orders in accordance with the contract/order requirements, timeline, and budget.
- Works with Customer Support Engineering to understand the market for MRO services and demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of Bell products, services, and capabilities.
- Develops and maintains a scorecard of Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and presents results to leadership in formal and informal sessions, including quarterly business reviews.
- Ensure all activities in MRO are carried out by company procedures and quality requirements, including Quality Management System, Safety Management System, and Annual Operating Plan.
- Ensure that MRO licensed and unlicensed technicians have the work instructions, processes, equipment, and tools to meet business unit goals and metrics.
- Work closely with the Accountable Manager to ensure regulatory compliance of the repair station is maintained.
- Lead a small and diverse management team, ensuring they are effectively managed, motivated, and developed to attain the company’s goals.
- Manage and maintain a skilled workforce through timely coaching and feedback, cross-training, and employee development.
- At least eight years of prior relevant experience
- In-depth understanding of MRO operations, including scheduling, resource planning, maintenance procedures, and quality systems.
- Customer-centric with solid communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated direct report and team leadership experience.
- Highly motivated self-directed, with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements relevant to the operations and aircraft maintenance requirements.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret Aircraft and Component Maintenance Manuals (CMMs), rotorcraft specifications& governmental regulations.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills, professionalism, and superior attention to detail.
- Experience managing operations, including base maintenance, quality, safety and operations management.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively articulate market and business needs to senior leadership and direct reports to enable growth and execution.
- Must be willing and able to travel.